Rotel RC-1572 Preamplifier
Rotel RC-1572 Preamplifier
The RC-1572 has been designed and engineered to sit at the heart and brains of an uncompromising audiophile stereo system. The 1572 features many of the features and technological advances found in the company's flagship RC-1590 preamplifier but sits at a more comfortable price point. Featuring the same 32bit/768kHz stereo DAC chipset, the RC-1572 is capable of handling ultra high-resolution digital signals while the relay switching for analogue sources means that the signal path is left intact, whereas lesser preamps use an IC based switch which can compromise the integrity of those signals.
A large toroidal transformer and a carefully regulated power supply guarantee that the current and voltage requirements of each stage are precise and uncompromising. Pair this technology with the premium circuitry components used by Rotel in this preamplifier and the careful routing of all low-level signals and the result is a pure and dynamic sound response.
The RC-1572 is one of the most flexible machines on the market when considering connectivity. It features four digital inputs (2 coaxial RCA and 2 optical Toslink) meaning that an immediate upgrade is achievable from older CD players and the sound of your television can be dramatically enhanced by your stereo system. The RC-1572 also features a PC-USB input to support DSD files and CD quality lossless aptX Bluetooth for streaming music wirelessly from quality smart devices.
A range of analogue inputs is also provided, including balanced XLR connectors, four pairs of traditional unbalanced RCA inputs and an integrated Moving Magnet phonostage for use with turntables. As for outputs, both XLR and single-ended options are present as well as a mono subwoofer out.
Who is Rotel?
Rotel is a Japanese, 50-year-old family business dedicated to designing and manufacturing the finest affordable hifi and home cinema components available on the market. Note that Rotel manufactures core components as well as assembling them into complete products, and so has total control over quality and sound characteristics.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz-20kHz): < 0.004%
- Intermodulation Distortion (60Hz : 7kHz, 4:1): < 0.004%
- Input Sensitivity / Impedance
- Phono Input (MM): 3 mV / 47k ohms
- Line Level Inputs (RCA): 200 mV / 100k ohms
- Line Level Inputs (XLR): 300 mV / 100k ohms
- Input Overload
- Phono Input: 62 mV
- Line Level Inputs: 4V
- Output Level
- Line Level (RCA): 1V
- Balanced (XLR): 2V
- Frequency Response
- Phono Input: 20Hz - 20kHz, (0 ±0.3 dB)
- Line Level Inputs: 10Hz - 100kHz, (0 ±0.3 dB)
- Tone Controls
- Bass: ±10 dB at 100Hz
- Treble: ±10 dB at 10kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (IHF “A” weighted)
- Phono Input: 80 dB
- Line Level Inputs: 110 db
- Channel Separation: > 64 db
- Digital Section
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (0 ± 0.5dB max)
- Signal to Noise Ratio (IHF “A” weighted): 100dB
- Input Sensitivity / Impedance: 0 dBFs / 75 ohms
- Coaxial / Optical Digital Signals: SPDIF LPCM (up to 192kHz 24 bit)
- PC-USB: USB Audio Class 1.0 (up to 96kHz 24bit)
- USB Audio Class 2.0 (up to 384kHz 32bit) - Driver installation required
- DSD and DoP support
- Power Requirements
- USA: 120 volts, 60Hz
- EC: 230 volts, 50Hz
- Power Consumption: 35 watts
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5 watts
- BTU (at 13.5 watts): 65 BTU/h
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 431 x 99 x 338mm
- Front Panel Height: 2U (88.1mm)
- Weight (net): 7.4kg
- Finish: Silver and Black
We Also Recommend